Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

My 0.22 JBC Bolt Action PCP Airgun

My 0.22 JBC Bolt Action Airgun(22JBCBA) is my fifth PCP airgun but I already sold my first 0.22 Folding Stock Hammer-Type JBC airgun, so I only have 4 PCP airguns with me now. 2 JBC Hammer type(both fullstock), 1-0.22 Armscor PCP and this 0.22 JBC Bolt.

This 22JBCBA arrived initially with a T. Alonso brass barrel as I need to use my HW barrel I intended to put in it in my JBC Hammer Type(JBCHT) airgun in a competition. After the competition, I had the HW barrel fitted into it.

JBC Bot

I tuned it to shoot at around 870 fps using 18 grains Superzero pellets. It is powered with a medium T6 tank 14" long anodized black. Its hammer spring is around 2 1/2" long using the spring usually being installed at the JBC shop. It has a quick fill port at the tip of the tank and a Black Boblong Gauge fitted on a T3 offset to reduce weight. The 0.22 HW Barrel is now around 20" long more or less. I am using it with my old 0.22 silencer which I already filed to avoid being hit by a pellet before.

It can shoot a group of around 1" at 40 yards but I think with practice I can still improve its performance. Brian Sto. Domingo can shoot 1" groups with his JBC Bolt action. In my opinion, I need to replace my old silencer to reduce the group size as its center hole is already not round  and practice more..he-he...

At average of 870 fps, I can shot around 40 shots with it. Maybe for hunting, it can be lowered to around 780-800 fps to maximize the number of shots(there's a power adjustment screw at the back of the hammer behind the bolt.) My stock is too heavy for hunting as it is originally designed for competition shooting with a fullstock made of ordinary wood, not kamagong. It is stained dark walnut at the JBC shop and still with that original color. I installed a sling stud on its forearm for me to be able to use my Harris Bipod during Benchrest plinking at the plant.

I fill it to around 200 bar(2900 psi) and use it down to around 2000 psi. I use my manual pump to fill it(no more budget for CF tank..hu-hu-hu)

I almost forgot, I had it installed with a shotgun slip on recoil pad(Butler Creek) and it was glued at the JBC shop. The slip on sleeve was cut.

JBC Bolt

I topped it initially with my 5-15x40AO Mildot Bushnell Legend but now with my 6-24 x 40 AO Mildot Bushnell Banner(not in photo) on double strap BKL mounts.(Total investment??, call the JBC shop..he-he, secret...)

No comments:

Post a Comment